88 silverado - no running lights or instrument panel backlight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scott88short

Reaction score
I have been re-doing my interior and pulled the dash apart to re-paint everything. After reinstalling all the switches, my headlights and interior lights work fine, but the park/running lights and my instrument backlight will not come on. I read some threads on a Chevy forum and checked the fuses, I actually have a new headlight switch i installed, but still nothing. wiring looks fine for both plug-ins, so at a loss for what has caused this. Everything was working fine before I started this redo on the interior. Any help would be appreciated.

Searched on the forum but didn't find anything (may have missed it if this topic has been addressed) .

Texasdeere

Reaction score
I was messing around with my cig lighter plug on my 88 one day and blew a fuse that powered all that stuff. I think it was labeled "park" or some other similar acronym. In the fuse box just below the inst cluster.

Scott88short

Reaction score
yep, i went back and checked the fuses again and finally noticed the 20amp was blown. replaced and everything is working fine now. must have blown when i was removing things to repaint, possibly was the cig lighter.