'88 GMC "Night Train" project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Truck has been kinda stagnent for the past few months. But I sold my dd, dodge 2500, and ive been putting the ole 88 to use.

Only new to date is I had to change both upper ball joints after one nearly fell out in my driveway. This weekend I will be repainting the hood black and cleaning up the wheels to shoot some clear on them.

I have a set of 2" drop shackles and a full polyurethane bushing set waiting to go on as well.

I was glad to find my a/c still operational after all the issues I had last year with it. But the compressor makes some racket. I may have to return it to napa and get a new one before its warranty expires.

Stay tuned cause the GMC is going to get alot of attention this summer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I hit some serious finincial issues this week and I wont be able to spend much on the truck for awhile. Just took a 3k hit for insurance for my granite company. So I spent some time today polishing the old .

After a good wash I spent several hours polishing the wheels back up. Ill let the pictures do the talking.

You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images attach

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks!!

My wheels are bare aluminum. So they tend to hold grime and brake dust really bad. I use scotch brite pads and bar keepers friend polish to clean them up.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Thanks!!

My wheels are bare aluminum. So they tend to hold grime and brake dust really bad. I use scotch brite pads and bar keepers friend polish to clean them up.

Throw so clear coat on um?

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ive been kicking around that idea. But ive also found some teflon in a spray aplication that they use on aluminum boat hulls that im thinking about trying.

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Been a while since ive updated this. Got a new exhaust system installed today. Replaced everything from the y pipe back. No cat with a SI/DO magnaflow. Here are the pics.