88 chevy interior redo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lumberman

Reaction score
I have refinished the dash, doors, headliner,and carpet of my sons 88 silveraldo, he specifically wanted it to be all black. I have the leds to swap the dash lights to red, now I want to redo the bench seat...he wants it to be black also, I am stuck on what to do with the seat, I really would like to put bucket seats with a center console, but I want to have a third seat. Any suggestions would be helpful.I refurbished the entire interior to blue the first time, only to find out he wanted his truck red and black...took it all apart again and change it to black, so a picture would be helpful so I can get it right the first time.

cplanubis

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You could put in a 60/40 seat then you have 3 seats and a fold down console

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Look for one of these.

You must be registered for see images attach

Some trucks had them stock as the front seat, but they're more common as the rear seat out of a CrewCab.
The recline, too! Some have lumbar air bags, as the one in the pic does.
They can also be modified for electric tracks. You'll need both outer electric tracks from a bucket seat, & the long side-to-side drive cable from a (IIRC) '70's-'90's fullsize GM A-body. (Cadillac, etc.) Last I checked, those were still available from GM, but that was a while ago. That may have to be a wrecker find now. They don't really wear out, but the drive gears on the ends do. They're replaceable.

Lumberman

Reaction score
thats exactly what I'm looking for, do you have any idea of a cost from salvage yard, and will I have to punch new holes for the mounting bracket?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Last one I saw was $200.00. But, it was near mint! That was a few years ago now. Hard to find here in Canada even then. Near impossible now! You'd have much better luck down there in the States, I would think.
The holes in the floor could/should line up. If not, it's not hard to mount them with some new holes. Just remember to back them up on the underside with the largest washers you can get.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
"You'll need both outer electric tracks from a bucket seat."
That should of read as "both outer tracks from A SET of bucket seats."