88 chevy / fuel issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HARLEYDAWGS

Reaction score
I HAVE 88 CHEVY 1500 TRUCK , THAT WONT START AND ISNT GETTING GAS , ALSO FUEL GAUGE IS COMPLETLY FULL WHETHER SWITCH IS ON OR OFF .. NEVER CHANGES BUT DID WORK BEFORE THIS. FUSE IS GOOD, REPLACED RELAY ,, STILL NOTHING , JUST BOUGHT OIL PRESSURE/FUEL SWITCH (havent installed yet) RUN A HOT FROM BATT. TO FUSE AND SOUNDS LIKE GAS BUBBLING INSIDE TANK. ANY OTHER THOUGHTS OR THINGS TO CHECK BEFORE DROPPING THE TANK??? both gauge and loss of fuel supply happend at same time ......

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
Hate to say it, but it sounds like fuel pump/sending unit. Put a gauge on yer fuel sending line(the bigger one). The wire powering the pump should be grey. Run a jumper from the battery to the grey wire coming out of the relay. No pressure bad pump. Check all wires. I just found my fuel pump power wire was nearly worn in half, It was a lucky find I was looking fer something else.

radical7

admitted truck *****
Reaction score
u probably would have got more responses in the engine section