88 C1500 No power to the lock actuators

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danibal

Reaction score
My 88 GMC has no power to the lock actuators. I took both door panels off and discovered that the passenger side door switch has been cut off. Inside the door panel, the plug to the switch has been cut off and the wires are all taped up. Drivers side looks stock. Everything is free and easy to move (except key tumblers). The driver's side actuator is not getting power when I use the lock switch. Where does the switch get it's power from? Does the passenger side need to be connected to complete the entire circuit or just the passenger side? Is there, and if so, where is the fuse for these locks?

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where does the switch get it's power from? Does the passenger side need to be connected to complete the entire circuit or just the passenger side? Is there, and if so, where is the fuse for these locks?
Yes, the passenger side needs to be connected, the lock/unlock power goes through both switches. There's a circuit breaker in the fuse box (below and to the left of the steering column) for them. Here's the wiring diagram for an 88.
You must be registered for see images attach

Danibal

Reaction score
Yes, the passenger side needs to be connected, the lock/unlock power goes through both switches. There's a circuit breaker in the fuse box (below and to the left of the steering column) for them. Here's the wiring diagram for an 88.
You must be registered for see images attach
This diagram makes my head hurt. Lol. What wires can I splice together in the passenger door to provide power to the driver's door switch? If that's even possible.