88-98 cutting springs.. 1 inch =???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NORCAL SS

Preferred Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Wanna test some stuff out and have a set of stock springs from a 350 single cab 95 silverado.

How much will
1/2 loop to 3/4 lower it?

Anyone cut a full loop off??

Usually I use drop springs but always have been curious on these trucks so might as well try it.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
I cut half a coil off my truck and it dropped the front 1.25in. And from what I've read online if you cut a whole coil off you'll get around 2.5in of drop. So 3/4 of a coil should get you 2in of drop.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
Wanna test some stuff out and have a set of stock springs from a 350 single cab 95 silverado.

How much will
1/2 loop to 3/4 lower it?

Anyone cut a full loop off??

Usually I use drop springs but always have been curious on these trucks so might as well try it.

I cut one full loop and got right at three inches... I'm sure it will vary between each truck though depending on worn the springs are or not

Sent from my static android

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Next truck that I lower with springs, will get 'Eibach's', or they'll be cut. After 3 different sets of shocks, thinking that that what was causing the 'floaty' feel, I rode in a buddy's truck with cut springs. Wow! What a dif. He could corner much faster without the front end bouncing & flopping up & down, which effects the camber. That truck handles like it's on rails.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
Next truck that I lower with springs, will get 'Eibach's', or they'll be cut. After 3 different sets of shocks, thinking that that what was causing the 'floaty' feel, I rode in a buddy's truck with cut springs. Wow! What a dif. He could corner much faster without the front end bouncing & flopping up & down, which effects the camber. That truck handles like it's on rails.

yeah that's how mine is the front is tight and handles very well

Sent from my static android

NORCAL SS

Preferred Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks guys. As of right now heres how it sits.

Front DJM Spindles
Rear Hotchkis 4" leafs which went down about 4.5

255 50 20 front 31 1/16 from ground to fenderlip
295 45 20 rear 30.5 pass side from ground to fenderlip/30.25 on drivers rear (full tank)

If i can get the front down to 30 would be perfect. Ill do 1/2 loop and see where it sits after.
You must be registered for see images attach

LordFinesse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have 2in drop springs from DJM in the front along with spindles and calmax shocks too it rides great and i would say a little firmer then stock

NORCAL SS

Preferred Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
CUT about 1/2 loop came down 7/8 of a inch
You must be registered for see images attach