88-93 interior upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88gmt400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i havent seen a thread for those of us that are goin with the 88-93 grille for whatever reason, lets see what you done to it paint, new fabric,fiberglass all of it seats consoles i am curious as to what all people have done

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Headliner:
You must be registered for see images attach

Shift knob:
You must be registered for see images attach

4player

Wookie Wagon
Reaction score
You mean 88 to 94......all those interiors are the same. I am in the process of taking my 94 K5 Blazer interior and adding a double din radio to the dash, relocating the front middle vents in the process and moving the HVAC controls to the overhead console I just saw in another thread. Should be a fun project. I am going to do it this spring I hope.....getting all the models and pre-fab done right now.......so I can do it right one time.

Lordkay972

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why did this thread die? I changed the green plastic on the radio and A/C controls to blue to match my white face gauge cluster with blue leds. Also changed the gauge cluster from non-tach to w/ tach. And my latest feat, installed a crimestopper sp-402 security/keyless entry/remote start system.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
You mean 88 to 94......all those interiors are the same.

Negatory. 88-89 most of them, all the buttons/switches are black instead of gray. 88-89 door panels are very different. Of course 88-90 are moonie gauges which suck, and 91 is a split year moonie/needle. The seats changed several times over the years, with 94 being the best (IMO) because they have more controls; especially on extended cab and 2dr SUV - both front seats have the "easy entry" single lever to slide forward and fold. 93 was first year for easy entry and it was only on the passenger side.

Richard

Blakestuhh

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Negatory. 88-89 most of them, all the buttons/switches are black instead of gray. 88-89 door panels are very different. Of course 88-90 are moonie gauges which suck, and 91 is a split year moonie/needle. The seats changed several times over the years, with 94 being the best (IMO) because they have more controls; especially on extended cab and 2dr SUV - both front seats have the "easy entry" single lever to slide forward and fold. 93 was first year for easy entry and it was only on the passenger side.

Richard

Why are moonies so bad? Don't all of them have there own flaws?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
What's wrong with moonies? Personal preference. I find them difficult to read quickly vs. needles, there's no tach, they seem to suffer tripmeter failure way more often than the 92-94 clusters, and also seem to suffer intermittent speedometer failure a bit - whereas I don't think I can name a single problem with 92-94 clusters other than the same basic gauge inaccuracy that pretty much all production vehicles have.

Richard