8 lug conversion on a c1500?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
i have a '93 c1500 and I plan to run 10 lug semi wheels in the future, my question is what parts off of what truck do I need to do the 8 lug conversion? I will only run 4 wheels so I plan to use 8 lug rally wheels until I order the 10 lug semis

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
I can't even begin to tell you how bad a plan that is. However, it's your money, and your life when you climb behind the wheel. Hope when the ball joints snap that you don't cross the center and take out a family of children or a school bus.

1997k1500Calvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I can't even begin to tell you how bad a plan that is. However, it's your money, and your life when you climb behind the wheel. Hope when the ball joints snap that you don't cross the center and take out a family of children or a school bus.
X`s 1,000,000,000,000,000,000

Live action!!

kkirwan71

women problems
Reaction score

Well that's one way to change someone's mind

Sent from my 3/4 ton iPhone

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
I believe on another thread he was told the things that would have to be swapped in order for the conversion to actually work. I don't think he was planning on slapping the the semi wheels straight into what he has now

Sent while pulling out a Ford

-sin-

Honor the Fallen
Reaction score
i have a '93 c1500 and I plan to run 10 lug semi wheels in the future, my question is what parts off of what truck do I need to do the 8 lug conversion? I will only run 4 wheels so I plan to use 8 lug rally wheels until I order the 10 lug semis

Can you please make another thread, two's not enough :rotflmao:

Last edited:

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score

In general terms I agree with you Michael; though this kind of conversion isn't unheard of and can be safe if done correctly - and with its limitations kept in mind. Lower balljoint and control arm is the same 1500 though 3500, just the upper changes once you get to an 8600lb gvwr 2500. Easy enough to solve using the forged upper control arm from that truck.

With the correct parts used - including swapping in the heavier axle, brakes, etc. the only real shortcomings are the wheelbase and frame, so hanging semi's off the thing for looks would be fine. Expecting to tow heavy loads with it would be dumber than dumb...

I gave some ideas in his other thread, I personally don't think his plan will materialize exactly the way he envisioned it but that's often true of many of our customization ideas at first. :)

Richard

Reaction score
Can be done by swapping 2500 spindles brakes. Bolt an eight lug axle under it now its eight lug. I did it to my 1991 c1500 I went to six lug using 2500 drop spindles and six lug rotors. The only difference would be you would use the eight lug rotors.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
You don't need to change spindles to go from 5 lug to 6 lug. The 2500LD front end parts are all exactly the same as a 1500 other than the rotor itself, unless you got an early truck that had the non-HD brakes, then you just need the spindle from an HD brake truck regardless of 1500 or 2500LD. Going to 8 lug is another story and it has already been covered: spindles, upper arms, etc.

Richard