74 miller jet boat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joeyk94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What's going on guys. This boat has been in the family since about 97. My dad played with it for about 10 years before mothballing it for 5 years. During those 10 years I was deathly afraid of the boat and would never get in it. When I was a freshman in highschool (2009) something clicked inside me and I told him I wanted to start working on it. So over that winter we rebuilt the seats bases, replaced all the carpet, hoses, rebuilt the carbs and took it to the lake
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Joeyk94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Over that summer ran great but never got full rpm (5k). Come to find out the vac secondarys never work right on the carbs we tried different springs. Zip tie trick was the only way they would open. So we played with it like that till we the primary tube rusted off the header flange. Next winter (2010) we order headers 450 Holley's new plugs, points and finally changed the oil haha. We played with it for about year and a half then took the motor out and replace the rear main seal and pan gasket. And played with it for another 6 months.

Joeyk94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The next season I was racing another boat up river after the 3rd mile I found the weak link. It broke a piston 2 rods and welded 3 bearings. Well I had a choice find another 455 or build one. I had the money so build it was. I went the eagle and ordered a 4.5"stroke forged crank, 7.1" h beam rods, 11:1 mahle forged pistons. The bottom is built up like a tank. But money became tight mid build so the top end became budget minded. But that bit me in the a$$, 20 mins on the water the pump pressure pushed a hole in the timing plate cover and filled the bottom end with water.
You must be registered for see images