73-87 rearend?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is it ok to post want ads for older stuff here, not 88-98? If not go ahead and delete.

My dad's got an 84 c10 and needs a good rearend for it, he wants a 3.73 or 4.10 setup, and if no one has one close to logan wv, then maybe the internals minus the axle shafts.

Now for a whole rear end, I think a 2wd or 4wd will work as long as if it's 4x4 it's 10 bolt so we can use our 10 bolt 2wd axles, the internals would be the same, have to come from a 10 bolt.

If someone has an older 12 bolt that'd work as long as it's 5 lug and we'd need to complete thing so again have to be close.

The guts can be shipped, and we'd need everything but the axles themselves.

PS, not sure but I think I heard the 88-98 centers would work as long as they are 10 bolt, but I aint sure because I don't know what splines the old trucks are or the new ones.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
let me know what you come up with and a price if you find one.

preffer a posi but they are hard to find, so anything with a 3.73 or 4.10/4.11 is good as long as it's 5 lug, unless you get the guts from a 10 bolt 4x4 we could use that but use our axles i think.

Big Mack Daddy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you tried Roach Auto Parts up at Salt Rock? I buy stuff from him all the time, pretty decent prices and a 90 day warranty on most things

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok not sure we can make it up there though, have to talk to dad about it see if he wants to.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so what did you have in mind us come and get it? or you can get the guts and ship or what?

Joesgarage

Wrench
Reaction score
There is a couple of ten bolts, ones a posi with a three series carrier, I might be able to ship parts if ya want. I'm going over there today.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok you can let me know, if you could ship what I'd need would be everything from the 10 bolt minus the axles. Just would need the side spcaers and bearing caps for the carrier marked as to which side they came from, ds or ps. Also like said before let me know on a price and shipping first, and we're looking for 3.73 or 4.10/4.11's. So if you can count the teeth on the ring and pinion before you tear anything apart.