6x9s in rear pillars, extended cab.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Searched for half an hour, I know I've seen it before on here...where's the thread that I'm searching for?!?
Thanks!

Edit: thank you Google. Buy, I have the 3rd door option which seems to make things harder. What's the difference? Why am I reading that it isn't possible on 3rd door models?

Last edited:

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Place them in the gray boxes they sell less work and sound much better just screw them where old speaker were no cutting needed thank me later.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, pulling the B pillar plastic is usually the beginning of the end for all your interior plastics. Very easy to break things even if you do it in the correct order, which isn't exactly intuitive.

Richard

77Impala

The Hauler
Reaction score
I did mine this past October but will not do that again! Next time I will cut the grills and make new grills to cover up the holes. As pointed out you WILL break some of your clips that hold the panels in place.

But if you must: Use at your own risk I take no responsibility for damage you may cause to the parts of your truck!
Remove the rear seat.
Unbolt the shoulder and lap belt for the front seats from each side of the cab.
Remove the rocker panel plates.
Remove the panel from behind the seat. Pull the bottom of the panel out and lift up the top from its clips.
Remove the arm rests from the rear seat side panels.
Look for and remove the screws holding the side panels on. Gently pull on the side panels. They are on two pieces per side. Make sure that all screws are removed.
Pulling the aft portions of the side panels are not easy at the top but don't try to remove the top trim over the rear window for it has a screw hidden behind the aft side panel.
There may be a few things I missed so again use at your own risk!

Last edited:

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not pulling that trim! I'll cut the grills and make covers somehow. I see why the 3rd door models can't hold 6x9s, that rear pillar is skinnier. Well it may go in but it'll be tight, I didn't measure just had a look. New 6.5s in the front doors today, sure sounds good. Thinking if I cut the grills out I'll try to fit the biggest round speakers possible. I've got these 6.5 covers, wonder if they will cover the entire grill section... Hmm. I'll have to check that out.

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
I don't have the rear doors but do have the 6x9's ...lot of taking apart stuff and I used spacers to mount the 6x9's so I won't have to cut everything up too much

You must be registered for see images attach