6" RCX is on its way! help me decide 6"vs. 9" on 35s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95obschevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have a 6" rough country kit on its way to my house. My truck is already body lifted 3". Im torn weather I should pull the BL off or leave it on for a total lift height of 9". Either way I have no intentions of running a tire larger than 35". What would you run??

5spd Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would leave it at 6" with no BL, since your not trying to run larger than 35"s. IMHO

Sent from my iPhone in some random spot of Texas.

2000_Z-71

Reaction score
Last truck of mine had a 5" lift (3" BL, 2" blocks rear and 2" Keys front), and with 35's it looked just right. The BL isn't hurting anything, and who doesn't want more lift? I would keep the BL and go with 38's but if you don't want to regear 35 is the biggest you should go. A word of advice, if you have 3.23's, it will be a dog with 35's...my truck had highway gears and it sucked. 3.73's are just fine, but anything lower and it will tear the trans up going in and out of overdrive at 70 MPH on the freeway.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Here is mine with a RCX 6 and 3 body lift on 35 inch Toyos. I'm going to take the body lift off though.

You must be registered for see images attach

zigsz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Since you're not going bigger than 35's, yank the BL off. It's what I would do at least....

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Hunter, I have to say it again, the more I see your truck the better it looks with the 9" on 35" combo :waytogo:

the only thing that wouldn't sit well with me would be the hanging torsion bars AND the hanging frame.

EDIT: btw, I'm going to be facing this dilemma myself, I'm set on either 4" + 3" so that my angles are perfect, or 6" so that it looks better, either way 35" is the biggest tire I'll go right now

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
:O hunter when did you do that??

A couple of weeks ago!!! Where have u been? Lol

Hunter, I have to say it again, the more I see your truck the better it looks with the 9" on 35" combo :waytogo:

the only thing that wouldn't sit well with me would be the hanging torsion bars AND the hanging frame.

EDIT: btw, I'm going to be facing this dilemma myself, I'm set on either 4" + 3" so that my angles are perfect, or 6" so that it looks better, either way 35" is the biggest tire I'll go right now

I like the height, but I can't get over how much frame is hanging down. I think it'll look a lot better when I get the body lift off and my winch bumper on!!!

95obschevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ive been under a rock apparently!

lol Vorteclover just get the 6" its like the same price, just leave out the AAL.

Hunter you getting a TAG bumper??

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Ive been under a rock apparently!

lol Vorteclover just get the 6" its like the same price, just leave out the AAL.

Hunter you getting a TAG bumper??

I wish I was getting a TAG !!! This is my bumper.

It's an old school warn bumper, my dad is going to weld a skid plate under it like the TAG bumper. But I don't want the grill guard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahuskwulf