6” drop in rear without a flip kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TacosnBeer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep, still got a boat anchor up front for power, its got a small cam, headers, 3" exhaust, runs decent I guess but surely not fast by any means.
The pillar gauges were in it when I bought it, but Ive replaced them all with new ones.
Bobby V

Your SS is beautiful but, can't forget 9mpg too.... I had the opportunity to buy a super straight 90 454SS (and the motor was rebuilt) for $6500 and passed it up because of the horrible gas mileage and lack of power. I plan to go LS eventually but, cant handle 9mpg with low HP in the meantime. Aint prudent - aint right. I wish so bad that they would have used a vette motor or something more interesting in there. I have never been a big block guy but, they are still cool none the less.

Last edited:

bobby v

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Your SS is beautiful but, can't forget 9mpg too.... I had the opportunity to buy a super straight 90 454SS (and the motor was rebuilt) for $6500 and passed it up because of the horrible gas mileage and lack of power. I plan to go LS eventually but, cant handle 9mpg with low HP in the meantime. Aint prudent - aint right. I wish so bad that they would have used a vette motor or something more interesting in there. I have never been a big block guy but, they are still cool none the less.

Thanks I think lol. Its a weekend crusier so mileage dont really matter to me, it has a little more HP than stock so its tolerable but I surely would like more, just so pricey nowadays !!!!!!!

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have Hotchkis 4" rear springs and I tried a 1"shackle and it rode like a "buckboard". When I looked it was riding on the snubbers. I ended up going with the Ridetech "C" notch 6" drop. I could not be happier.
How did you feel about the hotchkis leafs before the shackles? I have the 4 inch ones on mine with stock shackles and it rides really well. Definitely firm which I expected, but the truck doesn't bottom out and a tolerable ride. Definitely helps I'm not back roading in it. Lol