5th wheel 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Purefection

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I pull a 16 foot cattle trailer full of about 7000lbs of cattle, ad another 2000 at least for the trailer. Goose neck in my 97' 1500. It pulls it, but it gets Damn hot.

I used to pull my fifth wheel with it as well. 29 foot. That pulled nice, no problems really.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

98MNChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Theres no way in heII that truck pulled a 25ft loaded cattle trailer like "nothing" trust me ive done it in 3/4 tons and you definately still feel it back there

That is just what I was told, so I don't know how it actually went for the previous owner. I do know that the trips were 30 miles or less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
That is just what I was told, so I don't know how it actually went for the previous owner. I do know that the trips were 30 miles or less.

Sorry to say, he's full of sh¡t.

My truck is an 8600 gvwr K2500 TD with nearly double the torque of yours and is just barely enough to haul our 35 foot 9000 lb travel trailer. Any Kore and it would be seriously out of its depth. Mine is far (very far) from stock as well.

"Pulled like nothing" makes a good BS story of how good the truck is that you're trying to sell someone though.....

tanman_2006

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 5th wheel and gooseneck in my 95 k1500 6.5l. Pulled my 32ft travel just fine but it had to work at it, took bigger leafs, air bags, and a progeny brake controller.

I also pull a 28ft gooseneck stock trailer full of cattle and a 32 ft gooseneck flatbed w/ 12.5k axles and equipment loaded on it. These are typically fairly short trips around 20 miles maybe.

After I hauled the travel trailer I beefed up my rear crossmembers, mainly a 1/2" plate bolted under the whole bed to the frame rails.

source unknown

98MNChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry to say, he's full of sh¡t.

My truck is an 8600 gvwr K2500 TD with nearly double the torque of yours and is just barely enough to haul our 35 foot 9000 lb travel trailer. Any Kore and it would be seriously out of its depth. Mine is far (very far) from stock as well.

"Pulled like nothing" makes a good BS story of how good the truck is that you're trying to sell someone though.....

Like I said, I have no experience with pulling a fifth wheel or gooseneck trailer and everything I said earlier is what I was told by the farmer I bought the truck from. However, I will say that in the past 11k miles since I got the truck, it has undergone some customization and I drive it daily. Not saying I beat on it, because I definitely don't, but I am 18 and like to have a little fun once in a while. No problems with anything except for a little brake issue every once in a while.

Maybe the farmer exaggerated a little, but I am sure the truck would be able to handle the short 30 mile round trips without to much of a negative side effect.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I have a 5th wheel and gooseneck in my 95 k1500 6.5l. Pulled my 32ft travel just fine but it had to work at it, took bigger leafs, air bags, and a progeny brake controller.

I also pull a 28ft gooseneck stock trailer full of cattle and a 32 ft gooseneck flatbed w/ 12.5k axles and equipment loaded on it. These are typically fairly short trips around 20 miles maybe.

After I hauled the travel trailer I beefed up my rear crossmembers, mainly a 1/2" plate bolted under the whole bed to the frame rails.

source unknown

Dont you jave trucks much better suited for those loads? Why do you ise a half ton to haul things like that?

tanman_2006

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I had a travel trailer I was living and working out of it in college, I only had the 95 k1500 back then.

Now days I typically use other trucks but I have equipment scattered over a 60 mile area E-W and 30 mile N-S so if it's not far and the 95 is close then it does the job.

source unknown

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I cant talk i did this today lol 200 miles
You must be registered for see images attach