Fifth wheel rails?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bobabooie

Reaction score
So I’m somewhat new to fifth wheel hitches. Only dealt with bumper pulls and goosenecks. But obviously my truck has had one in it previously as the rails are still there. My question is, can anyone point me to a hitch that will fit the existing rails? My guess was an older Reese brand based off of pictures I’ve seen but I’m not sure. Not something I have to have, but I see lots of hitches without rails listed fairly cheap so if the right one pops up I would like to be able to pick it up for a potential horse trailer hookup to put a smile on the wife’s face.

Attachments

• 0B721E6B-E91E-4318-A0DC-BB7D40AFD37C.jpeg
    0B721E6B-E91E-4318-A0DC-BB7D40AFD37C.jpeg
    465.3 KB · Views: 9

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any rail mounted 5th wheels will work with those.
Reese, Curt, B&W Patriot series, Husky, etc. Etc; as long as it's a rail mount it'll work.
I would recommend also getting a gooseneck plate too, being able to pull 4 pins to swap hitches and increase the versatility of the truck is amazing.

My K2500 had rails installed and I intended to install them again, but decided against it in favor of a B&W turnover

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wouldn't you have gotten that information when looking at it? Google 5th wheel pickup hitch?

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Didn’t know they made such a thing. I was thinking about adding a B&W turnover. Why did you go with the turnover instead?
I haven't gotten one yet, but I decided against rails in order to keep my bed floor clear; it's a short bed truck and I want to keep my bed as useable as possible and rails stuck up a bit further than I expected