'56 Chevy 210

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Hoping that maybe, just maybe, someone here could help me out.
Looking for the original vinyls for my Dad's '56 Chevy 210 4 door.
I need enough to do 4 door panels & the seats.
I can find kits & original materials for 2 door cars all day long, but absolutely nothing for a 'more-door'. There are NO kits available!
It seems that the 4 door vehicles used different materials than the 2 doors, both in color & texture.
I've been on this search for a while now. More than a couple of years, actually!
This is an ultra low mileage vehicle. 38,000 original miles! Dad's the second owner. The materials have just become old, tired, faded & crispy!
The car was painted as original 2 years ago. Has a new/H/L & new carpets.
It has the original spare that's never been on the ground. When Dad bought it in 1980, it had 18,000 miles & still had the original battery & spark plug wires. 6 cylinder/3-on-the-tree. It's never been messed with.
Anything less than original would not do the car justice. Even if it is a 4 door! Lol! It's super clean!
Anyone know where there could be some NOS materials hiding off in the back of a shop somewhere?
The car's exterior is 2-tone blue & an aquamarine. Interior colors are medium blue & off-white/cream.
I can get the trim code. Just don't have that close right now. I do have some small samples that I could send.
No pix on file, but I can get some.
Even a lead on the materials would be greatly appreciated. At this point, any help, helps!

Please do NOT suggest SMS Fabrics! Don't even get me going about that Co.!!!

Thanks!
AL.

Last edited:

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
1st, Sorry, Don't know of any material warehouses or suppliers around here. But I will ask a guy who has a 55 convertable if he knows of a place when I see him.

2nd, nothing wrong with "more" doors. Especially shoeboxes. I'm currently working on collecting parts to restore my latest acquisition. I inherited my Grandparents car. A 95 Olds 88 Royale with 55K on the odometer.

You must be registered for see images attach

Just a shame family members are not the best drivers or care takers.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
My aunt had one of those. Might of been the next size down, though. Calais? I dunno. Never really paid it any attention.
Full load. Bought it new. Wednesday, grocery shopping. (Senior's discount day.) Saturday night, to the Legion for a couple of pints. Go see a movie 2 or 3X a month. Never driven in snow. 30-40 miles a week for about 6 or 7 years!
When she passed, my Dad got it. Sat for 2 years in his shop. It wasn't worth a alot, but it had such low mileage, the ole man didn't want just anybody to have it. Wasn't about the cash. He just wanted it to have a good home.
Anyways...I'm out on a parts run one day. Got a 20 y/o kid working for me ridin' shotgun.
Close to M&D's, so I says to the kid, "Wanna see some old cars? Have a 'Mom' home-cooked lunch?"
"Sure, cool." He's a Fox body/Ricer kinda kid. His '92 'stang was pretty quick. His Dad's gotta real Yenko Chevelle! (!!!)
So I stop in @ M&D's. Open the shop door & he gets all bug-eyed. "Wow! Manoman! Look at that thing! Is that ever nice!"
Walks straight up to the '97 Olds 4 door!
I'm standing there shaking my head! Really? Seriously?
Yup! Thought it was the coolest car in among 8 or 9 fully restored antique's! For F's sake kid, there's a '40 Ford Biz Coupe sitting right there! A low mile '56 Chevy. Couple of Model A's.
Nope! Didn't matter. That Olds was the one worth stopping in to see!
U-b-e-l-i-e-v-able!!!
Yea, it was a nice clean car, but in the presence of...Well, jeez, y'know?
I still shake my head over that one!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
'40 Ford Biz Coupe. We just had the hood off. Needs some tweaking on the alignment. PITA job!

'52 Chevy Belair. Dad bought this new when he was 18. Me & my sis grew up in the back seat.

'41 Chevy. Short run body style. Only made for 5 months. Has around 40,000 miles.

Last edited:

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
My aunt had one of those. Might of been the next size down, though. Calais? I dunno. Never really paid it any attention.
Full load. Bought it new. Wednesday, grocery shopping. (Senior's discount day.) Saturday night, to the Legion for a couple of pints. Go see a movie 2 or 3X a month. Never driven in snow. 30-40 miles a week for about 6 or 7 years!
When she passed, my Dad got it. Sat for 2 years in his shop. It wasn't worth a alot, but it had such low mileage, the ole man didn't want just anybody to have it. Wasn't about the cash. He just wanted it to have a good home.
Anyways...I'm out on a parts run one day. Got a 20 y/o kid working for me ridin' shotgun.
Close to M&D's, so I says to the kid, "Wanna see some old cars? Have a 'Mom' home-cooked lunch?"
"Sure, cool." He's a Fox body/Ricer kinda kid. His '92 'stang was pretty quick. His Dad's gotta real Yenko Chevelle! (!!!)
So I stop in @ M&D's. Open the shop door & he gets all bug-eyed. "Wow! Manoman! Look at that thing! Is that ever nice!"
Walks straight up to the '97 Olds 4 door!
I'm standing there shaking my head! Really? Seriously?
Yup! Thought it was the coolest car in among 8 or 9 fully restored antique's! For F's sake kid, there's a '40 Ford Biz Coupe sitting right there! A low mile '56 Chevy. Couple of Model A's.
Nope! Didn't matter. That Olds was the one worth stopping in to see!
U-b-e-l-i-e-v-able!!!
Yea, it was a nice clean car, but in the presence of...Well, jeez, y'know?
I still shake my head over that one!

LOL! Hard to say what some people are thinking. I'd have probably have done the same. I love all old cars, I prefer original If it's clean or rare. If not, then it needs to be custom. Doesn't matter, I check out all cars and trucks, But then again, I'm weird.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
'40 Ford Biz Coupe. We just had the hood off. Needs some tweaking on the alignment. PITA job!

'52 Chevy Belair. Dad bought this new when he was 18. Me & my sis grew up in the back seat.

'41 Chevy. Short run body style. Only made for 5 months. Has around 40,000 miles.

Those are sweet!!! That's a great collection. That 52 is too nice to just park, I'd drive it all over. And with it being your Dads since new, You need to keep that one in the family forever.

Just like My Olds, it was purchased new in 95 just before my Birthday and other than a few oil changes and warranty work, I'm the only one who has serviced it, detailed it and anything else that has been done to it. It has more sentimental value than monetary value, so I'm keeping it.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
The '52 gets driven a fair amount. Dad usually gives me the keys to drive it on cruises or to special events. He likes them to be driven. Just sitting is hard on them, from his pov.
I like driving the '40, too. But it's a bit finicky. Last three times I drove it, it's decided to spit something out. Most recently, the condensor died 40 miles from home. Wouldn't rev over about 1500 rpm's. Made for a slow go, limping it home.

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
Hey sewlow, did you check Classic Industries? I found door panels and seat covers for the 4dr 210 but I don't know if it's the correct color (check under Tri-Five Chevy and select year). I bought the interior to my Impala from them and have no complaints, looks really nice.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Yea, Classic's material is close, so close, but not quite right.
I've been in contact with a couple of places & I've got some leads. Some samples are being sent to me in the A.M.