5.7l 350 twin turbo setup?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michael D

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,
New to the board, and sorry for dredging up a pretty old thread. Just wanted to clear something up. I was googling "twin turbo Chevy truck" earlier, just to see what's out there, and this thread popped up. So if anyone is trying to put a turbo kit together in the future, they will hopefully come across this thread like I did, and avoid spending money on something that is total crap. Now that I've gotten that out of the way, I'll get to my point. A few months ago, I bought a pair of headers, like pictured in the original post. Whoever decided that these would fit my truck needs to be smacked. No way, no how! The passenger won't work because of the a/c, and the driver's side because of the brakes. Go figure..... shady ebay products. The moral of the story, anyone who plans on using those headers for a turbo build can forget it. Reading this thread did however spur me to create an account on here, to try to help some of you guys steer clear of an inferior product. And I suppose since I'm a member now, I'll share how my bad header experience turned into my current build. I'll start a new thread for that......

Mike

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Hey guys,
New to the board, and sorry for dredging up a pretty old thread. Just wanted to clear something up. I was googling "twin turbo Chevy truck" earlier, just to see what's out there, and this thread popped up. So if anyone is trying to put a turbo kit together in the future, they will hopefully come across this thread like I did, and avoid spending money on something that is total crap. Now that I've gotten that out of the way, I'll get to my point. A few months ago, I bought a pair of headers, like pictured in the original post. Whoever decided that these would fit my truck needs to be smacked. No way, no how! The passenger won't work because of the a/c, and the driver's side because of the brakes. Go figure..... shady ebay products. The moral of the story, anyone who plans on using those headers for a turbo build can forget it. Reading this thread did however spur me to create an account on here, to try to help some of you guys steer clear of an inferior product. And I suppose since I'm a member now, I'll share how my bad header experience turned into my current build. I'll start a new thread for that......

Mike

Welcome Mike! Thanks for the review and I hope people take the advice. Stick around- there's a lot of good information on here and some half-decent guys too. :welcome:

Reaction score
Hello this thread also brings me to this forum. Great page and I’m excited to be here! I did buy a eBay twin turbo kit from eBay. Not the kit shown. I’m a welder and machinist by trade so fabrication is no problem. I have also run carbureted superchargers all my life so a twin turbo efi setup is a bit different for me but I’m not scared one bit. I currently have a 200000 mile 98 tahoe. I shouldn’t ramble on here and go start a build thread. Many thanks for the future advice!!