5.7 Vortec intermittent long crank --> crank no start, backfires, clunking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99xcss4

92g-94c frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
Sry for the dumb questions but this is while someone else is cranking the engine right? And what will it tell me if I do/don’t get a spark?
yes it will help you check for spark and yes some one watches it and some one cranks it another thing you can do is take a spark plug out plug it in to the plug wire and ground it out and crank on it and be careful it is very easy to get shocked

slow_c1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yes it will help you check for spark and yes some one watches it and some one cranks it another thing you can do is take a spark plug out plug it in to the plug wire and ground it out and crank on it and be careful it is very easy to get shocked
I’ll try the coil method, should I also unplug the electrical connection for the coil and the ignition module? I heard it can be hard on them to crank with distributor wires unplugged.

docstoy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don't hold on to wire or you will have sore arm . It will knock the sh_ _ out of you !!!

99xcss4

92g-94c frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
I’ll try the coil method, should I also unplug the electrical connection for the coil and the ignition module? I heard it can be hard on them to crank with distributor wires unplugged.
no leave them pluged in or you will get no spark if you are getting spark right now