5.7 Vortec Intake throttle gasket? (the round one under the intake's boot)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redfishsc

Tired of fixing lousy engineering.
Reaction score
I'm doing a head gasket and MFI upgrade on a 99 K1500 Sub, and I'm having a hard time finding a replacement gasket that fits around the throttle plate where you snug the intake's boot onto the throttle body. The one on this one is old and pretty chewed up.

From what I've read, this is a "dealer only" thing and you have to basically buy that whole damned assembly. I'd sure hate to spend all this time on a head gasket job, fuel injector upgrade, and then have air flow problems because of a leaky boot gasket.

I'm not opposed to putting a cheap aftermarket "cold air intake" on this truck since they basically come with their own way of bolting up to the throttle body. That's better than having a leaking intake boot. Otherwise I'd never actually buy a "cold air intake" since the truck has one already.

Anyone know where to find this gasket, make a sensible DIY version, or perhaps suggest an affordable cold-air intake that would basically eliminate this gasket?