5.7/454/holley 670 tbi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
i was offered a holley 670 that a friend has been running for years and seems to be one of the good ones. iffy part is he used stock injectors and used an adjustable fuel regulator. from what im reading the holleys should be very comparable to the 454's at 90ish lbs/hr and bore size. otherwise mine is already bored to 46mm polished tbi mods, bumped up the stock fuel pressure with the quarter truck, lt1 fuel pump, regulator, edelbrock manifold, tpi heads, and cammed. i was asking around if he had injector and tb spacer when he offered that up. just wondering if anyone can show some light on this? what one should i stick with? should i search for the 454 style, or run the holley unit, or keep mine and add the spacers?

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I ran Holley carbs on a few Mustangs I had and liked them and had zero issues so thought there TBI ones would be as good, I asked around and it seemed the Holley injectors had leaking issues and those that ran them swapped in different ones and new there kinda pricey it was always 50/50 on if they were worth it or not, if it worked for him and u can get a good deal I'd say try it imo

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
i can get the holley base, injector spacer, and tb spacer as well as the stock 350 injector pod with built in afpr for 175.

i always thought the 454's and the holleys had the same bore size and injector ratings. someone correct me if im wrong. i know the pressure regulaotr is pricey in itself, should i just up the pressure of those 350 injectors with the 670 holley unit and call it a day? also doesnt all the stock stuff plug right into the holley unit and do i need to retune it?

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i can get the holley base, injector spacer, and tb spacer as well as the stock 350 injector pod with built in afpr for 175.

i always thought the 454's and the holleys had the same bore size and injector ratings. someone correct me if im wrong. i know the pressure regulaotr is pricey in itself, should i just up the pressure of those 350 injectors with the 670 holley unit and call it a day? also doesnt all the stock stuff plug right into the holley unit and do i need to retune it?

Not a bad deal, in terms of plug and play I know there 350 TBI one everything hooks up like the factory one so this should be the same I'd think

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Blue 04 Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hell I have one of those holley TBI's sitting in my garage. In HS I stupidly stripped out the one thread of the injector pods. Took it off and it sat ever since. Just found it the other day. Are these things any good? I was thinking of scrapping it honestly haha.

Wcgren20

Reaction score

When I bought my 94 blazer it had the Holley tbi on it. About a year later the injectors started leaking and cutting out, so I got an injector pod from tbi at the junkyard and put it on the Holley base, with a little bit of modification. Got some flow matched injectors, pod spacer, swapped the map and egr vacuum ports, raised the fuel pressure, and it runs great. I also recently got a tbi spacer for a 454, which matches the bores on the Holley, which Definitely gave me a little throttle response. But the intake bores still are smaller, so my next plan is to get the Holley intake or put this edlebrock carb intake on there. So all in all it does take a little work to make this unit work, but mine runs great. Most likely will be most worth it once I have a better intake plenum to match the bores.

axisT6

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Measure the bores on the holley. They should come out to around 2" which is what the 454 TBIs have. As for the leaking injectors, from what I remember, the early Holley stuff used chrysler injectors which did have issues. Holley later switched to delphi injectors and the problems went away.

That is my $0.02.

Michael D

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hell I have one of those holley TBI's sitting in my garage. In HS I stupidly stripped out the one thread of the injector pods. Took it off and it sat ever since. Just found it the other day. Are these things any good? I was thinking of scrapping it honestly haha.

Wouldn't you be able to drill it out and heli-coil it?