4x4 Posi-Lok

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
So I'm tired of changing the electric actuators all the time, so anybody have any experience with these? Good/bad? And where is the cheapest place to get one?

Thanks Hunter

TUCSONDUDE

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
the clip that secures the cable to the front diff is iffy.
it takes 2-3 inches to engage, not the 1 stated.
When pulling the cable you need to be sure you actually engaged the front hubs, if they are not in the right position it may not have engaged.
I would personally prefer a twist and lock as opposed to the newer push button set up(ebrake)

besides the above it was awesome for me. mine was just old and worn when the cable broke.

I swear they used to be 50, not 170-200(even though i have only owned the truck a year)...

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
I just read the thread about the clip... I think I may give it a try because I'm tired of the servo actuator going out once a year.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
I had the OE actuator in my 88 from 88 to 2006. The summer after it failed I fixed it with a Dana 44.

Sucks you've had so many problems with it. Luck of the draw i guess?

Sometimes I wish I would have went back with the thermal actuator instead of the updated one :nono:

riot936

Reaction score
I have one in mine that im about to replace with a hp dana 44. Worked great but I have the one that is for emergency vehicles it doesnt have a cablejust a rod you manually push in and tighten 2 set screws with a allen wrench. I left it engaged all the time but I didnt daily my truck either.

riot936

Reaction score
Ill probably come off it pretty cheap if interested.

okiemudslinger

Son's BEAST
Reaction score
I had one on my 90 EC it work very well ever had any problems and I'm just got a new one for my 95 Tahoe I paid 105 on Amazon and this one is by Alloy USA