4wd wont disengage need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
its not a bolt in type part?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Ummm...not sure what you mean. There are two bolts holding the cylinder in, and a brake line. I'm assuming you've soaked the line fitting (where it enters the cylinder) in penetrating oil and it still won't come out or is stripped.

What I have done is remove the bolts, cut the line off, remove line from junction at the rear end and run a new line.

EDIT: I also assume you know that it needs to come out with the brake drum removed, eh?

bigblue24

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im tryna take the wheel cylinder it self of i have the two bolt out and the line out the line fitting came out pretty easy

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
smack with a hammer a few times it should come off

bigblue24

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
drive shaft wont come off from there rear diff bolt loosend need help asap

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
drive shaft wont come off from there rear diff bolt loosend need help asap

I'm sorry man but I'm really not sure what you're asking. Do you mean you removed the u-bolt straps and it still wont come off? Get in there with a prybar if you have to...

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm sorry man but I'm really not sure what you're asking. Do you mean you removed the u-bolt straps and it still wont come off? Get in there with a prybar if you have to...

x2,,,