4wd not working, push button flashes when engaged.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
I pulled the actuator today and let it hang. When you hit the button it should have moved shouldnt it? Here is a video of the truck in neutral, changinf from 2hi to 4hi to 4lo.

You must be registered for see images attach

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Replaced the actuator and now it is fully engaging. Thank goodness. I did also learn these are heat sensitive and since it is cold here they take a while to actuate and fail more often.

But now I have a bigger problem. When engaging into 4hi, after about 20-25mph, the front end starts jumping like I'm hitting bumps. I looked out the window and it Well... Spoke too soon. It's definitely engaging into full 4wheel now... But it's jumping after I hit 20mph. Like the front is going faster or slower than the rear.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Lets try that last post again... It got jumbled on my phone when trying to paste....

]Replaced the actuator and now it is fully engaging. Thank goodness. I did also learn these are heat sensitive and since it is cold here they take a while to actuate and fail more often.

But now I have a bigger problem. When engaging into 4hi, after about 20-25mph, the front end starts jumping like I'm hitting bumps. I looked out the window and it looks as if the front may be spinning faster than the rear tires. I'm going to try to pull the front diff and see what gears are there. The PO said it had 4.10 gears but I am guessing both sets weren't switched. Just the rear

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Yeah the actuator was bad. I replaced it and now it is fully engaging the front wheels, but it starts jumping in the front end if you go any faster than 20-25mph. I am thinking when the PO put 4.10 gears in the rear, he didnt switch the front because it was broken anyways. I havent had a chance to see because Im so busy with my deployment.