4wd doesnt engage, Even with a new actuator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
Last week, my 4wd stopped engaging. I replaced the actuator, and it works. I tested it out side the diff. Im also getting power to my 4wd fuse and the fuse is fine. Tested those as well. But it just wont lock in and turn my 4wd light on. The bulb is fine on the floor shift too. Cant get my head wrapped around this issue. I can feel it shift in the transfer case. It just quit working :nono:

any help is greatly appreciated. Its supposed to ice this weekend and I dont have functioning 4wd :(

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Ehh ice is more fun jn 2wd anyway haha, for as much trouble as you have with that front end have you ever considered a SAS?

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
If the diff engages and the accuator is working, the t case switch should be working. Can you lock in 4x4 and spin the front shaft by hand? If you can spin it, I would suspect the t case is at fault. Try removing the linkage and shifting manually under thr truck. Maybe something is keeping it from fully engaging since the body lift.