4l80e wont shift out of 1st 91 454ss

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lussks

Reaction score
thanks in advance,

i bought a 91 454ss ( wich i think it is it was a theft recovery)

brought it home had a engine mis fire which ended up being the ecm, when i drove it it would stay in 1 gear.. started digging turns out some
put a 93 engine harness from a 454 4l80 combo... well started digging more the harness in the cab is different.. has a 7060 ecm wich is 4l80e compatable
but the speed sensor wires where not hooked up to a drac mudule which i wired in... the cluster reads mph now.. the trans did not have 12v suply which
i added to power the trans( my fuse box did not have a trans fuse ) what else would have to get powered up to make this shift i looked a different wiring schematics from mitchell looks like evrything is hooked up but im no wiring expert any thoughts or advice..

dont know what year the harness from the cab is im just gessing its a 91 from the wiring diagrams

rhino

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would hook it to a scanner, see if the computer is getting the speed signal. The Drac receives the signal, then sends it to the cluster, cruise, and ECM. If the ECM isn't receiving the signal, the transmission won't shift but it will show on the cluster. Also while you are watching the scanner data, if it is showing speed signal, watch the command shift. See if it is being commanded to shift. Did you wire the Drac in?

lussks

Reaction score
thanks for the reply

i wired the drac module, my scanner wont connnect to the obd1 port being thet the harness is different in the cab i have to re pin the obd1 plug to nonect to the scanner but thats a good start