4l80 not shifting 2nd to 3rd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ginoz28

Reaction score
Cheap insurance so I'm not stuck on the side of road anytime soon.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Cheap insurance so I'm not stuck on the side of road anytime soon.

The internal harness may fail on you too. At the least I'd recommend a new harness and potting it with silicone. I went through this on my own 4L80 rebuild. While the harness worked fine, the damned plug in the case leaked. I also managed to bust a shift solenoid and some connectors on my 4T60 harness on the wife's GTP.

ginoz28

Reaction score
Yea when I unplugged this one it was full of fluid. Ill replace everything in the kit.

ginoz28

Reaction score
Finally got to put the kit in the truck but it didn't work with the stock harness plugged in.Only when I plug the ebay bypass piece in it shift through all the gears manually.
You must be registered for see images attach

andy396

GMT400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally got to put the kit in the truck but it didn't work with the stock harness plugged in.Only when I plug the ebay bypass piece in it shift through all the gears manually.
You must be registered for see images attach

So does this confirm it’s going into limp mode from something like a bad input speed sensor?