4L60e Rebuild Time!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LordFinesse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright so i got to 190,000mi the other day and my tranny has had a broken bearing and been making a racket for the last year, im taking it in to get it rebuilt next monday, im going to do a mild shift kit and a corvette servo, is there anything else i should get done to it? Bear in mind i will be swapping out my 4.3l for a 350 or most likely a 383 as soon as the funds become available so keep that in mind. Im looking for suggestions and reccomendations on what to get here, thanks guys!

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
I've seen "double roller sprag" and "beast sunshell" come up in terms of upgrades for the tranny, obviously corvette servo to firm up the shifts but you have the covered.
Sorry not an automatic guy so I don't know much about them

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A new torque converter would be a good idea, actually get one the same as you have now because the 4.3 converters stall a bit higher behind a SB

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Like he said about an upgraded sun shell for high horsepower but if you are rebuilding for around 450hp go with the hd monster trans rebuild