4L60E jumps/shifts hard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
TPS won't cause a miss but when mine went on my 95 TBI it revved really hi then shifted from the 1-2 and not as bad from 2-3. I don't know how to check it though.

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
Whats TPS spec supposed to be when checking with a multimeter? Will a bad TPS cause a ignition miss also?

It is 0-5 volts and when checked should read smooth throughout the entire range. If it goes smooth from 5-4, then gets shaky at 3 or so, and then smooths out again then the TPS has a worn spot. But I very highly doubt the TPS is causing your issues. Could be a pressure issue, but Swaggerwagon is probably correct. Start looking for a replacement.

rhino

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Should be around 0.5-0.6 no throttle, sweep to 4.5 wide open throttle.

rhino

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
We get a lot of these in with the number 7 checkball stuck in the plate. It's very very common. The ball wears out the plate, and sticks in the hole. Sonnex makes a replacement valvebody plate. If you pull the valvebody, replace the TCC valve also. It's the cause of the 1870 code.

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
No, an inconsitency in the voltage when compared to everywhere else. The "sweep" should be smooth and progressive. I am talking about testing with a DVOM. The truck shouldn't be running. Key on engine off.