4l60e-4l80e

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

koke

Reaction score
ok i'm done with replacing 4l60e trannys in my pickup! 285/75/16 are not ment to be turned by this garbage! so i recently bought a 94 4l80e with transfer case for 300$ anyone ever make the jumper harness? also i was told i will have to have my prom chip re-burned, any info or tips on this would be appreciated!! thanks

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
bggrnchvy has.

your 60E built properly is as strong as a stock 80 if not a little stronger, you have someone building them wrong or need a bigger cooler, i put 230,000 miles on mine with running 35's and 4:10 gear

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
There is a sticky in this very section that is about this swap.

koke

Reaction score
yea i seen the sticky but someone on there mentioned that he has done the swap and you don't need to buy the jumper harness and that he made one. as for the 4l60e the factory trans took a dive right at about the 200,000 mile mark, that was with stock tires and pulling a 20 ft trailer loaded to the nuts when i moved from WY to dickinson north dakota. had no problems till the 285's went on, then went the first one, so had an AFS shop install a new one with a 2 year warranty. didnt drive hardly at all those two years, i believe roughly 2000 miles and than that one took a dive, (lo-reverse) and when i pulled that one noticed that the shop had some how cracked the trans where the adapter bults up and tried to weld it back together. than i threw in a 700r4 with a transgo shift kit, dropped that one roughly three weeks later mudding on a county road. had the 4l60e that that i got from AFS rebuilt by a "good" trans mechanic and that one got about a week (ran low on fluid due to crack said above^^) so now i have a 4l80e that should handle the load fine. oh and as for coolers i'm running the one in the radiator plus an aux. and have flushed out for about an hour both times (700r4 & 4l60e)

koke

Reaction score
Ok i have the 80 in, wired and swapped out the input shaft on the T-case (friggen snap rings!!!!) went to put in the drive line and its hitting the out put seal, need a shorter one, and ideas on the one that i would need? it only needs to be about an inch and a half shorter

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Have a shop fab you and balance a new shaft. if you're 4x4 you'll need both new drive shafts.

koke

Reaction score
yea i was afraid that it would probaly come down to that, i already have one for the front that works

koke

Reaction score
mines a 94 1500 ecsb, this only needs to last me a year than i want to look at a 12valve swap. i found a drive line that works! now just need to do a little wiring and she'll be back on the street