4l60e 2-3 shift Please Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah. The spring would come out in two or three pieces.

The 700 in my '88 K1500 had one or two broken accumulator springs. I was sure there were two broken springs, but the returned carnage only had one spring in it; and I'm not sure all the pieces were included. This is what I got back of the accumulator springs. (There was lots more damage than just the broken spring(s)).
Photo 1. http://hbassociates.us/K1500_2020_TransCarnage_02.jpg
You must be registered for see images attach

Mind you, the accumulator bores can be so damaged that the spring doesn't matter. There are aftermarket repair kits to fix various accumulator problems.

Last edited:

chris2323

Reaction score
well, after my old transmission ruined 2 torque converter clutches, and broke the trans tailhousing, i decided to buy a new/remanufactured 4l60e. I installed new rubber engine and trans mounts. I also put new bearings and seals in my transfer case, and got a new driveshaft, slip yoke, and u-joints. Unfortunately I am still having the same issue during the 2-3 shift. At low speed, medium throttle, I hear a significant clank noise during the 2-3 upshift. Occasionally it will also happen during the 3-2 downshift as well. I put the truck on jacks and ran it in the air to re-create the noise. The sound seems to be coming from the transfer case. Any ideas what it could be?