4dr Tahoe 4/6 on 24's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyguy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's been a while since I have poated anything, I did introduce myself months back in the noob section. Anywho on with the truck and info!

96 4dr Tahoe, 4/6 drop, w/24x10 Archers on 275/30/24 Wanli's

Obviously the wheels are too wide for the drop, so I will be building tubular upper and lower control arms 1" shorter than stock. I will also be raising the front wheels to "laid out height" so I can tub the firewall. I will also de-hump the frame, install a 2dr tahoe or suburban gas tank behind the axle. Drive it static next all next summer, and bag it next winter if the world doesn't end.

The tahoe without wheels
You must be registered for see images attach

The wheels on the tahoe

The wheel sits flush with the inside of the fender, right where the factory roll begins.

The tear down

My control arm goodies, bushings, sleeves, inserts, upper balljoint plates, and machined balljoint cups. Square tubing for the control arm jig, and 1.5" dom tubing is next to the truck. Parts courtesy of Keith @ Nfamus Air Suspension.

I will have to wait to build the control arms till I come back home, headin out to Pa. tonight for two weeks.

Last edited:

chevyguy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks! On the upside for others, I will have a jig to build others a set of tubulars.

chevyguy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll sell you some lol, I'ts really not that hard to do. Just build a jig for your arms, and you can put them out all day long. The only thing you have to be careful about is the balljoint sleeves, I wouldnt buy any of the $10-$30 screw in sleeves anyone sells online thats for sure. Machined out dom all the way for that.

kevhill85

96 BD Tahoe!!!!
Reaction score
I don't like the one on my Tahoe. I guess I should give Keith a call and get some parts.

chevyguy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Theres nothing wrong with Mikes arms, I was actually gonna have him make me a set, but he was taking too long responding, so I hunted down my parts. I have about $300 tied up in parts/metal, thats NOT including ball joints. Plus you still have to dick around with making a jig, and building new arms. Unless your running big ass wheels and need to make that modification so they work with your vehicle, I would say save yourself the trouble, and money and keep what you have. Lol