454 vortech has no throttle?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bricksack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As title says. 99 k3500 454 vortech. 210k miles. Replaced cap rotor plugs plug wires. Now spits and sputters. Smellsblike straight fuel. Step on the gas nothing but boggin down and back fire. Feathering the throttle will go but jerks due to spittin and sputtering. Also some back fireing. Ive got my thiughts on distributor going bad. Out of timing or I blew a injector. But before I jump into expensive fixing thought id get some more info.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Bricksack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep took of one at a time and even went to the manual to make sure it was correct.

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
check each wire for spark, then go from there.

Bricksack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
To do that just take on off at a time and crank it right? At least thats what I heard easiest way.

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
You may have accidentally bumped the fuel pressure regulator, knocked off the vac tube to it, messed with the connection on control module, or cut or pinched a fuel line somehow. They're all back there by the distributor. I've got my L29 sitting on the floor behind me right now and that's all I can see it could be as far as accidental.

Bricksack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Tomorrow I plan on taking off the upper ibtake tonmake sure everything is Connected and secured. How did you get the exhaust tube off. Wkooks like a compression fitting .

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
Tomorrow I plan on taking off the upper ibtake tonmake sure everything is Connected and secured. How did you get the exhaust tube off. Wkooks like a compression fitting .

Pipe wrenches. Of course I'm not planning on putting it back, I'm doing the 0411 and having the EGR tuned out. Don't like the idea of exhaust running back through my intake. But I didn't damage it, came right off. In fact if you damage yours ill sell you mine haha

Bricksack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lol. Hope i dont. Dont have the money to break something else. Wich nut stay and wich turns. The one on thr block you hold correct?

Bricksack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have tried twisted both. Lefty lucy while hokding the other and nothing. Does not budge