454 to Diesel Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dave_erald

Live the dream, or don't, your choice...
Reaction score
I guess I should clarify my previous statement, when dealing with fullsize trucks why not a 6bt? Mini trucks or other yeah giver with the 4bt. Maybe it just comes down to cost, is it cheaper to find and purchase a 4bt?

ZachT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Around here no diesel is cheap. There's guys round here with 300k+ miles and rusted out that want $10k

Sent from my 454

dave_erald

Reaction score
Good point. Cummins must have diamond embedded blocks or gold plated cylinders

...jesus do cummins owners want a lot of money for 12 and 24 valve motors

ZachT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's all diesels. I've seen guys with the worthless 6.0 sell them for over $20k as stock

Sent from my 454

ZachT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I hate the 6.0 because it's so costly. It isn't bad if you can afford to spend money to modify everything

Sent from my 454

90halfton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I hate the 6.0 because it's so costly. It isn't bad if you can afford to spend money to modify everything

Sent from my 454
Ya. We had 3 for work trucks, 2 of them needed EVERYTHING before 50k miles and we're sold right before warranty ran out. The third made it to 120k but had blown everything at least once, most things multiple times (head gaskets and studs). 50k$ for a pickup a person shouldn't have to spend another 10 to make it usable, at least a 6.5 is cheap to constantly fix. 6.0l's still have a bad taste in my mouth lol.

ZachT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Brother-in-law bought one for $17k it looks nice and was "bulletproofed" when he bought it. In the six months he's owned it we've had to replace the oil cooler, radiator, and the exhaust system. I told him not to buy it though. It's a nice truck but he has already sunk $10k into in six months

Sent from my 454

dave_erald

Reaction score
Paid 17 for a fixed truck, paid 10 to fix it in six months? Sweet moses with that ****...6.0l, not even once man

ZachT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I warned him. He knew going into it

Sent from my 454