411 controlled fans and A/C ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevydillan

Reaction score
Have a 411 swap and dual electric fans. They work great and are controlled by the computer. My question is how to get them turn on when the A/C is on? They currently do not turn automatically with the compressor.

sunlitcomet

Reaction score
Believe you can can just set "G0903 Cooling Fan #1 will turn on if the engine coolant temperature is above this value and the A/C is on". just put in a non-freezing ambient temperature setting in it. I think that would solve your issue.

Goldhawg

Reaction score
Believe you can can just set "G0903 Cooling Fan #1 will turn on if the engine coolant temperature is above this value and the A/C is on". just put in a non-freezing ambient temperature setting in it. I think that would solve your issue.

I'm looking into this too, as I want to install my 0411 soon. I think you have to change to a 3 wire sensor; I found this on HP tuner's site:

"You should be able to control the E-Fans based on ECT ... but if your Blazer has A/C you will not be able to control the E-Fans when the A/C is activated (i.e. based on A/C pressure). For this functionality you will need to wire an A/C Pressure Sensor and alter the system segment. Typically a Camaro segment is used - but this would cause issues with your Blazer's IPC. If you don't have A/C - this is a project a novice could undertake. If you do have A/C - I would recommend a great deal of further self education prior to beginning, or retaining the services of a reputable professional tuner.
http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showt...into-my-98-Blazer-quot-what-to-do-quot/page2&

http://www.ppepower.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=104242&sid=250cb7f901eefe90e469d5ba2e474a2d

If you figure this out for sure, plz come back and post.

chevydillan

Reaction score
I'm thinking an extra relay switched by the compressor but that's all the thinking I've done so far. I don't have tuning software yet so anything like what you posted is out for the time being.
I will update when I work on it again.