$400 Craigslist find - 1990 RCLB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

naterade

Reaction score
I used to have a 94 RCSB stepside. Loved the thing, so I've been keeping an eye out for a cheap truck to work on. Some guy bought this and the engine started knocking, so I offered him $400 and he took it.

1990 Regular Cab Long Bed. 4x4, 5.7 w/ auto

I'll be pulling the motor this weekend to try and find the cause of the knock. I pulled the valve covers last night and they are disgusting... I've never seen sludge turn into a brick. I'll probably just have to order a new long block. After it's running good again, it'll be getting new fenders, cab corners and new metal above the rear tires. Also needs bumpers, interior panels, tires, windshield and a few other little things. Probably going to apply Monstaliner to the exterior and try to make it look like the original paint job.

These are tough trucks - looking forward to the project!

You must be registered for see images attach

NightRunner

Resident Junkman
Reaction score
Make sure you start a good build thread in either the Street or Off-Road sections, would love to see the progress on it!

And of course, welcome to the forums!

89RCLB

I'm Awesome...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw that truck for sale on Colorado Springs CL. That's cool that you bought it!

I happen to have a set of front fenders in nice shape if you're interested in them...

Oh, and welcome to the forum! :)

95TXSilverado

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like a good project start, enjoy and welcome to the forum! Keep us posted on your progress.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, These trucks are kind of the best of both worlds as they are low tech enough to be reasonably easy to fix yet still have the things to make them nice to drive, a/c disc brakes and fuel injection. I grew up driving old cars with carborators and no power steering or brakes so my 98 is not only the newest vehicle I ever owned but the best driving also. Well maybe not as fun as driving the 1970 GTO I had years ago.

Jared Jackson

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
With your luck, might try finding another “parts truck” with a good interior and swap some stuff over! I love seeing abused trucks get restored with a proper owner! Good luck!