4" front coils?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LOWnEASY

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's my delima, my truck is already lowerd 2/4 coils/shackle hanger. I'm ordering my flip kit tomorrow but I'm short on funds for any control arms or spindels, haven't heard of any problems cutting a half or so of a coil off the springs. But that's normally stock springs. Whould the be a problem cutting a 2" spring for 4" drop? Not woried about ride to much
The hangers are coming off and the shackle will be adjusted for 7" drop. For a "hopfully" 4/7

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
You may not be worried about the ride now, but after you drive it for a while with cut springs, especially cut that much, you'll hate it. Also that much cut will almost surely screw up the suspension geometry so much you won't be able to align it correctly. Just guessing here of course as I'm not a fan of cutting springs and have never cut any that much. I'd be willing to bet more than a dollar on it though, believe it. Owned too many vehicles that were dropped incorrectly and rode like , to do that kind of stuff anymore. Drop it right and you won't be sorry.

Richard