4/6 or 3/4 drop?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96blackswb

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Which lowering kit should I do? A 4/6 drop or 2/4 drop from mcGaughys? I plan on running a 20 inch US MAGS Rambler wheel and I need to know if The 4/6 kit with those wheels will work with no rubbing or any issues. Plan on putting 20x9 upfront and 20x10 or 11s in the rear. Any info will gladly be appreciated. The pics are what the truck currently looks like. 1996 Chevrolet Cheyenne 2wd (v6) wish it was a v8 lol.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
If you use a BellTech flip with a drop shackle, you may possibly have to adjust the pinion angle with wedges.
Have to extend the spring's centering pin with a longer bolt & a nut cranked down, Loc-Tite'd & rounded off to the bolt's head diameter. This is so the (now longer) head will fit through the wedge into the spring perch's centering hole.
GM lists 4 lengths of centering bolts for 400's. 2 wheel drives use the shortest. Just buy the next longer. Cheap from the dealership. Under $5.00.
A DJM flip kit has an adjutable pinion angle.

96blackswb

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you use a BellTech flip with a drop shackle, you may possibly have to adjust the pinion angle with wedges.
Have to extend the spring's centering pin with a longer bolt & a nut cranked down, Loc-Tite'd & rounded off to the bolt's head diameter. This is so the (now longer) head will fit through the wedge into the spring perch's centering hole.
GM lists 4 lengths of centering bolts for 400's. 2 wheel drives use the shortest. Just buy the next longer. Cheap from the dealership. Under $5.00.
A DJM flip kit has an adjutable pinion angle.
Which kit is better the bell tech, DJM or McGaughys

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is my Phantom before the Dually Conversion with stock wheels and tires ...
DJM 4/6 drop with rear shock extenders.
Rides really good for a low rider ... Keep in mind, It will become a "Low Rider" ... Just Saying

Only problem I had with the stock wheels is I had to trim the lower control arm drip rails ...
Unfortunately, I haven't notched the frame on the ride. Just don't have Welding Skills.
Guess I'm fixing to get a crash course with my welder ... LOL

96blackswb

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is my Phantom before the Dually Conversion with stock wheels and tires ...
DJM 4/6 drop with rear shock extenders.
Rides really good for a low rider ... Keep in mind, It will become a "Low Rider" ... Just Saying

Only problem I had with the stock wheels is I had to trim the lower control arm drip rails ...
Unfortunately, I haven't notched the frame on the ride. Just don't have Welding Skills.
Guess I'm fixing to get a crash course with my welder ... LOL
Damn that stance is just right looks awesome bro I really like the look of this lowered with the stock wheels looks awesome thanks for all your guys info I really do appreciate it a ton. How much do u have to trim on the lower control arm drip rails?