4/6 or 3/4 drop?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bowtiefresh

Reaction score
I just lowered my truck 3/2, I havnt bought my hanger kit, still deciding what brand im going with. Here is a few pics, and you will definitely need to trim the lower control arm if your going with the stock 15s, I went with chassis tech, drop spindles ,there ok. I am really enjoying the drop upfront, low enough for stance and helps with body roll, also does not scrape fenders at all thats the lowest I would go.

You must be registered for see images attach

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Which kit is better the bell tech, DJM or McGaughys

DJM spindles do not move the wheels out 1/2" - 3/4" each side like the BellTech's do.
Both my trucks have CMS spindles which are a B/T derivitive. Only reason I bought those is because they are local to me. Shipping prices to Canada by the others was the deciding factor.
Not a real fan of any type of flip kit. I don't like them just because of the way that the axle is mounted to the springs. It's a comprimise. IMO, if there is to be big power thrown at that design, the axle could have a tendency to rotate within those mounts.
DJM, with that ability to adjust the pinion angle, it seems to me, would be more prone to such. Don't know if this is a common problem. I have heard of it happening, although it's just still hearsay. I've never actually seen pix of any carnage due to such. I'm sure that there's a lot of trucks running around with a kit-style flip with big power, but...ahhh...I don't know.
My '98 has had all that kit stuff eliminated & re-done with proper saddle mounts, lower plates & U-bolts.
No experience with McGaughy's.

...and just because PhotoBucket has messed with my sig, here's a pic of the truck.
4/7 drop.

Last edited:

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
On a 6" drop, you will also have to notch the bed crossmember.
That's not covered in the kit instructions! Why??? Who knows!
Notice that the brake line junction box has been turned around to face the rear of the truck with the soft line's bracket modded so that it's a straight shot to the junction.
This was done so that the soft line no longer has to snake forward over the diff in order to meet up with the junction in the stock forward facing configuration. No chance of the soft line being pinched after the mod.

Last edited:

96blackswb

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
DJM spindles do not move the wheels out 1/2" - 3/4" each side like the BellTech's do.
Both my trucks have CMS spindles which are a B/T derivitive. Only reason I bought those is because they are local to me. Shipping prices to Canada by the others was the deciding factor.
Not a real fan of any type of flip kit. I don't like them just because of the way that the axle is mounted to the springs. It's a comprimise. IMO, if there is to be big power thrown at that design, the axle could have a tendency to rotate within those mounts.
DJM, with that ability to adjust the pinion angle, it seems to me, would be more prone to such. Don't know if this is a common problem. I have heard of it happening, although it's just still hearsay. I've never actually seen pix of any carnage due to such. I'm sure that there's a lot of trucks running around with a kit-style flip with big power, but...ahhh...I don't know.
My '98 has had all that kit stuff eliminated & re-done with proper saddle mounts, lower plates & U-bolts.

...and just because PhotoBucket has messed with my sig, here's a pic of the truck.
4/7 drop.

That is awesome looking

Bowtiefresh

Reaction score

4/7 drop.

Nice truck!, whats the wheel specs upfront, Do they rub on big bumps?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
20x8.5 & 20x10. 255/45`s & 295/40`s. I could probably get 315/35's on the rear, although they'd be a pretty tight fit.
The fronts rub in the usual spot. Back of the wheel well, bottom of the firewall. Only on hard compressions, though. Causes no tire damage, but makes a terrible noise when they do rub.
Good shocks help a lot. I've killed many sets over the years. Name the brand & I've probably destroyed 'em. Some only lasted as little as 8 months.
Now I'm running the BellTech Street Performers. Best ones yet, short of spending cubic bucks on a set of double adjustable QA1's ($1500.00 by the time they're at my door!) or the slightly less expensive Vikings. ($1300.00!) One day when I'm feeling spendy, I'll install some of those.
Fender lips are rolled fr. & rr.

Bowtiefresh

Reaction score
20x8.5 & 20x10. 255/45`s & 295/40`s. I could probably get 315/35's on the rear, although they'd be a pretty tight fit.
The fronts rub in the usual spot. Back of the wheel well, bottom of the firewall. Only on hard compressions, though. Causes no tire damage, but makes a terrible noise when they do rub.
Good shocks help a lot. I've killed many sets over the years. Name the brand & I've probably destroyed 'em. Some only lasted as little as 8 months.
Now I'm running the BellTech Street Performers. Best ones yet, short of spending cubic bucks on a set of double adjustable QA1's ($1500.00 by the time they're at my door!) or the slightly less expensive Vikings. ($1300.00!) One day when I'm feeling spendy, I'll install some of those.
Fender lips are rolled fr. & rr.
Thanks, Im! going to take a look into those shocks