4.3 tbi w/1in tb spacer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
the swirl ones dont really do much, it was worthwhile on my truck when it had a stock intake on a 350. yes i had my TB redone way before that too. id listen to the s10 guys though more so than us i dont know how much differently a 4.3 will react to one.

bowtie-till-i-die

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What would happen to gas milage if bumped up to 3.73 gears from it believe 3.43(?I think!)

brits92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Honestly, V8 Swap is best bang for your buck.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Hmm spend 200 on a few mods or 1,000+ on new motor n installation.... no. And im getting sick of prople saying that. If I wanted advice or a v8 swap I would ask. But clearly the thread is about a tb spacer on a v6! Thanks for input on said topic. :D

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hmm spend 200 on a few mods or 1,000+ on new motor n installation.... no. And im getting sick of prople saying that. If I wanted advice or a v8 swap I would ask. But clearly the thread is about a tb spacer on a v6! Thanks for input on said topic. :D

They did it in my thread too... :nono:

brits92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What would happen to gas milage if bumped up to 3.73 gears from it believe 3.43(?I think!)

3.42 prolly, depends on tires etc etc. mine improved but im also running 34's with a smaller tire it might have more pep and i little less mileage

Yes 3.42. N im currently on 31`s. With a few go fast mods n a gear swap I would think it would even out n probably get a little better mpg. Ive never calculated my actual mpg so maybe the next fill up I'll see what I got.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Finding a 3.73 5 lug 10 bolt in the boneyard would be a nice lick, but honestly they're not that common. Most overwhelmingly common gear in the 5 lug rear for our trucks is 3.42, by a loooooong shot. Next up we probably have a tie between 3.08's and 3.73's. I think out of all the parts trucks that went through my shop in 2 years, ONE half ton 2WD had 3.73's; a '93 extended cab shortbed 5.7/4L60E. My old white '92 extended cab longbed 5.7/700R4 had them too.

They're right though; it would give a very noticeable bump in performance behavior for your little truck. It would also require you change your DRAC (speed sensor buffer) to get the speedometer/odometer accurate again, but that's ridiculously easy for 92-95 models and costs practically nothing. Anyway, way more bang for the buck than an Edelbrock intake and/or throttle body spacer, hands down, no comparison.

Richard

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
ive honestly seen 3.42s and 3.73s all day in michigan never onced have i seen a 3.08 rear besides in a thirdgen fbody.

and yea v8 swap is pushed because its really not that bad, 1000 bucks for a complete swap when you can find the block, do they work and shop around before hand isnt that bad of a deal, you dont need the tbi edelbrock manifold go for a carb one and save yourself 200 bucks yanno. ebay stainless headers are cheap, a decent cam kit, and tune 300 bucks. then do valve seals, gaskets and a little port and polish work while your there it adds up but itll be a far better increase than just an intake and spacer.......and i know you dont want it just voicing my opinion really, only way to get more power for less money is if you dont want it naturally aspirated anymore, which you could do, but idk how a tbi would enjoy that.