3rd door conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tyler09

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My brother-in-law has a wrecked '97 w/ a 3rd want door, was wondering what all would i have to do to convert it too a 3rd door. Im only doing this one cause i want a 3rd door lol and two cause my truck was previous wrecked (just found out). Knew it had some body work done too it, bad enough it broke the interior piece lol kinda sad but if i can pull this off, itd be ****!!!!

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
That would be a LOT of work, and if 98nightmare hasn't done it, then I sure as hell wouldn't try it.

Tyler09

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Id do his cab but his driver side ex cab piece is trash, its just a idea i was tossing around in my head.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
From experience, I would tell you its easier to swap cabs and repair the EC panel than it is to adapt the 3rd door onto your truck.

ManicMechanic

Reaction score
yep, much easier to swap cabs. i don't think i've ever heard of anyone trying to cut a 3rd door in...it is a cool feature to have though!

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I agree with the above, I have done many cab swap's, but I wouldn't add the third door to you existing cab.