3rd brake light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
so the cab we have is a 94 (which has the 3rd brake light) and all the wiring in the entire truck except for that is from a 90. Well the 90 didn't have a 3rd brake light. does anyone know how I could wire that in?

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
That should be fairly easy. Get a test light and find which is the brake light wire :shrug: vampire clips would work to tap it in

35olds

Reaction score
I've got an 1988 and am having the same trouble.Everything works,but for the life of me,I can't find 12 volts coming from switch .My tester works.Any help?
Thanks

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Third brake light should only light up when brakes are applied, if u splice in at taillight you might get them on with park lights too.

Not sure if that's legal or not, I can't see why it wouldn't be.

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've got an 1988 and am having the same trouble.Everything works,but for the life of me,I can't find 12 volts coming from switch .My tester works.Any help?
Thanks

Are you testing for voltage with brakes applied?

35olds

Reaction score
YES,I've done complete wiring on older cars.The old ones are really easy to add anthing elecric.I,with blocks,keep the brake pedal depressed.I have break lights,everything works.I test one wire at a time.I get nothing.I'm beginning to think,that two wires from brake switch are hot at the same time.ANYBODY ,ANYBODY,HELP!! Thanks,35olds

35olds

Reaction score
Also,along frame rail under the door area,I've checked here as well,nothing.Now ,also there is,in the wire loom,is what looks like a plastic tube.I do not know what is in that tube.I've found 3 wires here,but none are hot with brake pedal depressed.