35x12.5/15 on a 8" rim?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

West Mi Mudder

OHHHH YEAHHHHH
Reaction score
I say you run the recommended rim size that the tire manufacture recommends. BFG recommends a 8.5"-11" wheel for a 35x12.5/15 tire. They also state, that the the tire has a designed wheel width of 10". Just food for thought.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
Just for comparison I am running a 37x13.5 on a 17x9 rim. I have aired down to 20 psi with no problems. Also keep in mind nitto claims that their 13.5" are closer to 14" wide
You must be registered for see images attach

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
My friend picked up the rims and is going to mount one of the KM2s up to see how bad it balloons out. He has the same truck as me so he will set it down on the tire with the trucks weight to get a good read on it and what it looks like. If they are too bad, then I'll keep up my search or use the Turbines which are 10" I believe.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
I say you run the recommended rim size that the tire manufacture recommends. BFG recommends a 8.5"-11" wheel for a 35x12.5/15 tire. They also state, that the the tire has a designed wheel width of 10". Just food for thought.

Rules are made to be broken :lol:

3rd Coast Z

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
15 x 8 will look fine. There is one member on here running 33 x 12.50 on a 6" rim to try and keep it as close to flush as possible. His ballons a little bit but nothing that catches the eye. He has had that set up for around 5 years with BFG A/T KO's and the tires need to be replaced because of dry rot, not tread wear. Every truck is different, but playing with the air pressure until you find a happy medium is the way to go. I was in the tire industry for many years and have seen it all. But in my opinion, 33 or 35 X 12.50 on an 8" rim looks way better than a 10" rim. The tens give it a stretched look, and as stated above, unless you are running bead locks there is a geater probability of popping a bead in extreme circumstances.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Sounds good. I found a set of 15x10s for really cheap and was going to buy them, but when my friend went to go pick them up he sold them out from under me. So I said screw it and I am running the 8s.

3rd Coast Z

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like the 295/50-15's I squeezed on a 6.5" thunderbird wheels. LOL :headbang: