35x12.5/15 on a 8" rim?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Alright. I know it can be done, I know some people prefer not to, but I want opinions on running this setup. Also, pics if you have a setup like this.

Originally, my truck had 8" wide AR Gamblers with 35x12.5r15 Durangos on it. They ballooned ever so slightly, but not too bad. I think the 15" rim and as much side wall as it has being a 35" tire helped with that.

I just bought some 35" KM2s brand new, and will be selling my wheels on it now, which are 10" Venturas. But the set that I bought are 8" wide instead of 10" like I hoped.

So please, post up pics, kind of angled shots if you got em, or just anything at all with 15x8" rims and 35s.

15x8s I bought.

You must be registered for see images attach

KM2s I will be runnings on those rims

My truck with the 15x8 Gamblers wrapped in 35" Durangos. I dont think they are ballooned too much. The KM2 has more of an aggressive sidewall though.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Wow that Yokohama has a huge egg in it!!!

Anyways, I hate the look of a 10 wide rim, unless you have a 13+ wide tire. I ran 13 and 12.50 wide on my 16x8's and they look perfect to me. Here's some pics

And here are some 15x10's with some 35/12.50r15's. I didn't like the look. And they rubbed worse than my Boggers.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Yeah the Yokohamas come with the rims but are just going to be tossed in the corner of a friends garage for project rollers. They hold air and are enough to push the trail rigs around the yard on.

I like the look of my 15x8s with the Durangos that I originally had, but have heard not to do that because it balloons the tire too much. Just figured I'd start a thread to get more opinions and pics.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
It may balloon the tires a little bit but I think that looks better and is better than a stretched tire. If you think about it, it would be easier to pop a bead if you hit something with a stretched tire As opposed to a ballooned tire.

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Yeah I understand that. It truck is going to be a mall crawler for now since I am going to be getting a dedicated trail rig, so popping a bead isn't going to be on any of my "top worries" list. I was more worried about uneven wear and alignment problems, if any. My original setup drove perfectly down the road.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
You just have to make sure you don't over inflate them. 35psi is what I run in mine and I ran 30psi in my Boggers. I it shouldn't hurt you alignment at all.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've ran 33x12's and 2 different 35x12.5 (the pitbulls measured wide too) on my 15x8 rims. The rims my 15" wide boggers were only on 8" wide rims, they were balloned out pretty bad, I did buy some 15x10's for them and they are much better now.

Some pics of the 35's

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
Yeah the 35s you had don't look like they ballooned too much. I was just worried since they are a different kind of tire than the Durangos, how they would end up. I'm going to mount one up and see what it looks like before I officially decide.