350 to 310

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can't get it to run. With out holding down the gas. Will idle at about 1000 but no lower. Timing seems off. Not sure.

I did have that problem last winter. With a scan tool on the data stream, I found the temp sensor reading -40°. New temp sensor (by the t-stat) and she starts perfect again.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I did have that problem last winter. With a scan tool on the data stream, I found the temp sensor reading -40°. New temp sensor (by the t-stat) and she starts perfect again.

When I got my Camaro the PO forgot to plug in the ECT sensor in after an opti swap and it was an absolute pig to cold start. Same deal, it thought it was -40. Plugged it back in, good to go.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will try to get a tbi off a 305 and ECU after Christmas.
Good plan.

So just the chip and injectors should fix the rich idle ?
It's a start.

All the other sensors are good ?
As said many posts prior, CONNECT A SCAN TOOL and FIND OUT if the other sensors, outputs, and wire harness are "good". You've also been told about the knock sensor.

Yes, the coolant temp sensor and wire harness could be a big factor in the poor running.

Far as I see in this thread, you've never verified base timing, or that the timing advance works. You haven't checked for vacuum leaks. You don't know that the EGR isn't leaking at idle, and you haven't checked fuel pressure or cranking compression.

Lots of work to do.

Last edited: