*3.42s And 37s Temporarily*

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whiplash473

Tyler
Reaction score
I'll be done with the lift kit in a couple days and Mothers Day weekend in driving with the girlfriend down to Southern University to move her brother home for the summer. It doesn't look like I'll be able to regear it in time so what's the thoughts on running my 3.42s for the weekend with my 37s? It's an all-highway 5hr trip.

Thanks.

Sent from my bored/stroked iPhone 6S

livelifewideopen

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Send it in. just remember she isnt gonna have alot of nut. You should be able to cruise at like 75 if the truck rides straight tho.

whiplash473

Tyler
Reaction score
Send it in?

I'll be babying it on the way down around town. The truck should drive fine since I'm getting it aligned next Monday.

MDR-97-Z71

400 Obsessor
Reaction score
Would you not be able to regear it cause you'd be waiting on parts to arrive?

Sent from my 5.7 powered iPhone

whiplash473

Tyler
Reaction score
Probably be alright. May not pull itself in OD. Lots of ppl go years with crappy setups like that

That's scary. I'll just have to see how it goes. If it won't hit OD I might just cruise in 3rd like I do around town. I'll have to see how things go. I don't really know how the truck is going to react.

Would you not be able to regear it cause you'd be waiting on parts to arrive?

No, I don't have the time to do both diffs so I'm having a speed shop do it for me and they don't have an opening until after Mothers Day weekend.

whiplash473

Tyler
Reaction score
I should've specified, I've gotta 4L60E and a 10bolt... But Unfortunately.

MDR-97-Z71

400 Obsessor
Reaction score
I should've specified, I've gotta 4L60E and a 10bolt... But Unfortunately.

You can replace the rear gears while leaving the front alone, just don't engage 4wheel drive.

You're in northern IL right? I've got 4.56 for a 10 bolt laying around, along with a rebuild kit. Interested?

whiplash473

Tyler
Reaction score
You can replace the rear gears while leaving the front alone, just don't engage 4wheel drive.

You're in northern IL right? I've got 4.56 for a 10 bolt laying around, along with a rebuild kit. Interested?
True but I meant I don't have the time at this point in the year to do either one, much less both. Along with the fact that I'm not comfortable enough at this point to do it without someone there to ask questions.

Yeah, I'm in Bloomingdale. I haven't decided if I should go with a 4.56 or 4.88. I hated the 3.42s, damn thing is a dog.

I might be interested but I'm not sure yet.

MDR-97-Z71

400 Obsessor
Reaction score
Just thought I'd help give you another option if you so choose! I'd cut you a real deal for it all though, just PM me if you want anytime.