3/4 ton torsion bars in a 1/2 ton

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
No more spring rate means that it's easier for them to hold the front of your truck with larger bars. Less cranking will net you the same result as with his current bars. But yes of he's already maxced out then he will be with 3/4 bars and it won't change his angles atall

Wstrnsky

Big Sky Country
Reaction score
Start spraying your old bars and keys now with a good penatrating oil. Will make things alot easier. I had to pull my cross member off and pound them out to do mine even after spraying them everyday for a week.

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
I guess I will just swap the bars and keep my 1/2 ton pork chop and bolt and see what happens!

Wstrnsky

Big Sky Country
Reaction score
The 1/2 ton keys will give you more indexing than the 3/4 ton keys (more lift with less turns). The 3/4 ton bars will give you more weight rating than the 1/2 ton bars. Like if you wanted to run a snow plow or an offroad bumper and winch. The ride will also be rougher (less forgiving) with 3/4 ton bars then 1/2 ton bars due to spring rate. I say put them in and see if you like them. More then likely after awhile you won't even notice.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Just keep in mind that it will be easier to overcrank with the 1/2 ton keys which will put more stress on the suspension parts.

Sent from a 6.5 Detroit Diesel powered smartphone

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
If I measure where its at and just crank it back up to the same height it shouldnt hurt anything any more than it already is right?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake rogers