3/4 Ton of fun - ‘95 Sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@someotherguy and @Orpedcrow thank you for the suggestions. I will try those. I admit that I already have a mighty vac bleeder but found it to be kind of a pain. 3/4 of the bleeders are usable. The DR bleeder is seized and rounded off. I will try it again without the vacuum part.

I like the bottle with fluid already in it idea! That’s something I’ve noticed while working with the mighty, sometimes it would pull back some bubbles.

The calipers are the right way. I did that once on a friends GMT800 in HS. We felt so stupid and vowed it would never happen again. Appreciate you making sure though.

Todays victory was short lived. Already up on stands again.
You must be registered for see images attach

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I admit that I already have a mighty vac bleeder but found it to be kind of a pain.
Ugh. I quit using mine for the bleeding part, I just couldn’t get a good pedal. I only use it for removing fluids from reservoirs now
The DR bleeder is seized and rounded off.
Those are my least favorite things to be seized. :superhack: Vice grips and a torch has been successful the last 6 times though.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ugh. I quit using mine for the bleeding part, I just couldn’t get a good pedal. I only use it for removing fluids from reservoirs now

Those are my least favorite things to be seized. :superhack: Vice grips and a torch has been successful the last 6 times though.
I’ve been bleeding it at the line. Not ideal but it’s what I can do. I’ll have to try the vice grips. I’d hate to shear it off. The drums are seized to the hub and I need to get in there. However, the brakes worked really well before all this work. I know I need to get it done. It won’t be going on any long trips until then.

Last edited:

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Old box off. Going to bag it, tag it, and put it on the shelf. I’d like to rebuild it one day. That’s the next step in this whole thing right? I can change parts, haven’t rebuilt anything like this but I’d like to challenge myself.

Anyways, going well! Old cooler came out without much fight. Going to run to town for some hardware and get after it.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cooler and box on. The cooler is a little crooked. I used existing holes for it but they weren’t totally square. Have to put the filter in line and then probably going to call it. Have to log on for a few hours of work.

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
I leave town for a few days, and you put the wheels on it. They look good, and go well with the white truck. Like the spikes too.
Sucks about the ordeal the brakes are being. You'll get it figured out, I'm sure.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I leave town for a few days, and you put the wheels on it. They look good, and go well with the white truck. Like the spikes too.
Sucks about the ordeal the brakes are being. You'll get it figured out, I'm sure.
Thank you. I need to cruise over to your build thread and see how the ‘50 is going.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went back out to the garage and messed around some more. I installed the new splash guards from Cokeman95. They are heavy duty and fit perfect. I’ll definitely be ordering a pair for the ‘94. Thanks @Cokeman95

The other think I need to do is install my new horns. I robbed these off a ‘14 Silverado. I like those horns better than the stock ones.

Of course the harness is different.

No problem, ordered a Delphi 12162343 connector harness; add the ‘14 female to the other end and then I’ve got a nice conversion harness. If I ever want to go back to the stock horn I’ll be able to do so easily. This is a photo of a different metro-pack connector (no mushroom key) but shows what it looks like.

Last edited: