3/4(8 lug)-1 ton brake pads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't find a definite answer to this. I put the 8 lug 3/4-1 ton calipers on with my lift. Looking to switch to ceramic pads for low dust with polished wheels. Can I just throw the correct pads for these calipers in instead of 1/2 ton ones?

The sticky says to use 1/2 ton pads, which I did reusing my old pads when installing the calipers with no issue. There is mention in there of using the correct pads for these calipers but you have to grind them? Anyone have any more details? I searched but came up empty, from what I remember during the install I didn't see any reason why you can't use the 1 ton pads....

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gonna order today, guess I'll find this out an let everyone know the results.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Im kinda wondering if using the same calipers would be an upgrade over the calipers that come with the hydraboost brakes on the diesels.

Powered by Detroit Diesel

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably would be, if you need new ones just buy those anyway. If it already had them then that was what you needed, if not it was an upgrade. They are only $23/each, so no big deal really.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Probably would be, if you need new ones just buy those anyway. If it already had them then that was what you needed, if not it was an upgrade. They are only $23/each, so no big deal really.

Its def worth looking into for sure!