2wd SAS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Found out i shouldn't have a problem with frame. only thing to worry about is the engine x member, and that will be cut to add clearance for the front axle.
thanks for the input guys

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The same reason you would waste your time doing it on an IFS 4x4 truck. If someone wants a better suited truck for off roading and general use of 4 wheel drive then why would you want to even start with a 4x4? 2wd trucks are cheaper to buy and if you know you want a solid axle then it makes no sense to buy a 4x4 to convert. The process is the same for both 2wd and 4x4 trucks; remove the entire front suspension system, weld some leaf spring brackets, add a solid front axle and leaf springs and run a cross over steering system. No benefit of doing that with a 4x4 over a 2wd. The only thing that a 4x4 has is a transfer case but unless you plan on using a Ford front axle the stock transfer case is useless. I am underway of doing a 4wd conversion on my 94 reg/short. I may be selling all of the SAS stuff and using an IFS due to the fact I don't want to lift the truck.
then you need a whole new frame?