275/55r17 front rubbing issues with 2" drop?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Monster '91

Reaction score
As a new member, this is my first issue that hopefully you can help me out with. I have a 91 Silverado with a 2/2 drop with spindles and shackles. I currently have 15x8 (3" BS) wheels with 255/60r15's front and 275/60r15's at back. I just came across some 17x8 (0 offset) Foose wheels on Craigslist and snatched them up. I'm currently shopping for tire sizes and would like to run the same size all around. Has anyone ran into any front tire rubbing issues with a 275/55r17? Has anyone had any control arm rubbing issues with the 17x8 (0 offset) wheels? What tire would you recommend? Thanks!

smurfcivic

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
With spindles and a 15 inch rim u will have rubbing issues. It's a quick and easy fix. All u have to due is notch the gutter on the lca. I can post pics if needed.

Monster '91

Reaction score
I currently don't have any issues with the 15" (3" Backspace) rims. My question is about the new 17" (4" Backspace) rims and the 275/55r17 tire. I would like to see the pics.

smurfcivic

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
U need to stay away from the back spacing. Cause u know it won't take long for u to say u wanta go lower. I'll go snap a pic right quick

smurfcivic

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Rear on lca
You must be registered for see images attach

Front
You must be registered for see images attach

And thanks for making me notice how dirty my underside is lol

Monster '91

Reaction score
Hey, it's not a truck unless it's a little dirty underneath. What tire and wheel setup are you running?

Thanks.

smurfcivic

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It depends on my mood. Lol in this pic it's 22x9.5 there's a few pics with the stocks in my build thread. When it was 4/6 on 15's the rims grinded when I tried to drive on the lca. But with 17's u will be good but the offset u want is another issue